Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H+ when I should get 4G

Welshyyyyy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I just joined O2 last week (from EE), and have just noticed that where I am sitting at the moment I have H+ signal (Motorola phone)
My girlfriend is sitting next to me and has full 4G on her Samsung (also on O2)
My phone is 4G compatible, is there a setting that I need to check somewhere to get 4G?
I looked at another similar question and it mentioned to check the SIM card to make sure it has 4G on it, and it has. Anything else I can check or does it need a call to O2?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Check your network settings and make sure you have 4g or LTE selected.

If you have, you will have to call to check that you have the correct data bolt on as you may be on Blackberry data by mistake.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, yes 4G is selected. I'll ring up later
Thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.
Check your apn too, just in case.........
https://www.teamknowhow.com/discover/discover/o2-apn-settings#Android%20APN%20settings%20for%20O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I get H+ in the notification bar when on the 2G/3G setting, which is actually faster than the other setting, 4G, when contention for the 4G signal is high.

Screenshot_20180721-195643__01.jpg

Message 5 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I did try the online chat earlier, the guy I was speaking to didn't seem to know what the issue was, and after about 15 minutes suggested I reboot the phone.. So as that didn't do anything I came back and saw your post, I've just added the APN settings, will need to check tomorrow when I'm back in a 4g area (which I'm not at the moment). I did try my girlfriends sim in my phone earlier when we were in a 4g area and I only had H+ again so that would point to the APN settings I guess... Will confirm tomorrow, thanks for the advice
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you need to speak to them, call.
Don't waste your time with chat.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You could also check whether there is a fault in your postcode area. Although resetting the APN should rule out any configuration errors.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Welshyyyyy, did changing the apn settings sort this out? It'll be very interesting to know how you're getting on with this slight_smile

Oh and Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 19

Welshyyyyy
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I amended the APN settings but it's made no difference, in in a 4g area at the moment but still only getting H+
Message 10 of 19