Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold mobile number

Tomo118
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi brought a gold number today but when I try to register it,it’s saying it’s registered to someone else but yet I can use the number to ring and receive calls,messages rang o2 with my concerns and they spoke to o2 fraud department who say nothing can be done until the person who’s name it’s in removes details I can not register it in my name,any suggestions please I’m beginning to think something is very wrong.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Tomo118
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah it’s looking that way think I’ve been scammed,yeah I have the number but it’s no good without ownership,so I’m going to try and contact the email of the username I have but surely wouldn’t the owner be trying to ring the number and see what’s happened as why is SIM card doesn’t work???not going to say where I brought it from at the moment until I’m 100 percent that I’ve been scammed,thanks guys.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm, sadly not the first time I've heard of this happening.

Years ago some of the mobile operators used to keep these type of numbers back and sell them to business customers for up to £250 each.

I think they scrapped it as ofcom wasn't too happy with them sitting on numbers in this way as this practice along with general demand meant it had to make available new number ranges to keep up with demand.

Message 12 of 12