Did you mean: 

First smartphone - which PAYG sim

Dinosaur19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am moving from a simple PAYG handset to an entry level smartphone. I dont make many calls and send mainly texts. I spend around £7 per month on calls/texts. I am buying a smartphone as I mainly want to monitor my home security system and use Zoom. I also want to send faster texts and am fed up using the old fashioned "xyz" system on my cheap, no camera, phone. Can you recommend an entry level PAYG sim, please.

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dinosaur19 

The £10 bundle would do the job for you https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dinosaur19 

The £10 bundle would do the job for you https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Orlanda
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 29 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hey dinosaur love the user name in line  with the comment, as for suggesting a first payg sim I personally think you may benefit more from a simonly contract eg o2 have a simonly plan atm  18 month unlimited mins unlimited text and 10 gb of data for £10 so working out at £3 more a month than what you are currently paying and you would be able to maximise usage on your new smart phone using it to its full potential, with this plan you would also qualify for 6 months free Disney+ along with the o2 priority app giving you access to discounts and freebies- one of my favourites is free hot drink at Nero twice a week.although it is a 18 month contract if in 12 months you want a new phone with o2  they will upgrade you to a new device  clearing the outstanding monthly arrangement  you currently have setting you up with a plan to cover the new device at 0% with a minutes text and data plan to suit your needs.

More info
More info

signature
Message 3 of 4

Dinosaur19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks!

Been resisting this move for years, as I have never really needed a smartphone before and I was handed a company smartphone at work last week to call I.T (I'm a cleaner for God's sake!) and I had to be shown how to turn the thing on , bring up the phone keypad, etc, from somebody 30 years younger than me! (It's that look they give you.........)

Being able to monitor my home is the main factor driving me here. (and being told "scan the Q code with your phone" countless times!) I admit I had a 30 min smartphone teach in with a relative I am now able to meet 2 metres face to face with a couple of days ago, so I am not a complete dunce now.......

Regards,
Message 4 of 4