Did you mean: 

First day and connection awful

Not_Happy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, can anyone help?

I tried out an O2 SIM in my dual SIM phone today paid £10 to see if the coverage at my home was better than Three or Vodafone, and I'd say that O2 is almost as bad as Vodafone. They both advertise online that they have fantastic indoor and outdoor 4G coverage at my address which is nonsense and blatant misselling. 

What should I do as there is nobody to talk with to arrange a refund? Do I go to the financial ombudsman or ofcom to make a complaint as this is pure misselling and I have the screenshots of the coverage checker vs actual coverage at my location.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Not_Happy 

No networks give refunds on PAYG I'm afraid so you'll need to use the bundle away from home.

For info, O2 and Voda share masts so the signal will be the same on both.

To get any variation, you need to try EE.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Not_Happy 

No networks give refunds on PAYG I'm afraid so you'll need to use the bundle away from home.

For info, O2 and Voda share masts so the signal will be the same on both.

To get any variation, you need to try EE.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Not_Happy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the speedy response. I suppose I feel conned as they advertise superb 4G at my home, and it’s 2 bars of Edge at best. I used my credit card to pay for it. I might complain to my bank. I don’t care about the £10. It’s just that they are cheating people with the coverage maps, some of whom will be very frustrated.

O2 and Vodafone make Three look amazing. Thanks, I'll give EE a try.

Message 3 of 3