Did you mean: 

Failed number porting

Rob62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all.

I have a question regarding porting my O2 pay monthly number over to a PAYG O2 SIM

On Wednesday I contacted customer services to request porting my O2 pay monthly number over to a new O2 PAYG, I provided all the details, and was told that the migration would happen the next day (Thursday 29 June).

Late on Thursday afternoon my pay monthly number was reporting as number not recognised, which I presume is the normal thing that happens, but unfortunately nothing else has progressed, and the number didn't migrate to the PAYG SIM card.

I have been on the phone to O2 customer service a few times on Thursday and again today (Friday) but have not been able to get a satisfactory result on this issue, the last thing I was told was that hopefully the migration would happen on Monday 3rd July.

If this fails, is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue, as it seems customer service are unable to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36085 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

There is a guide that explains this, but if the process has got stuck, @Rob62 ...

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

...then contact O2 via Social Media, the ways are in the link just below this post. 

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Rob62 Failed ports have reached epidemic proportions on O2 of late. I know ports don't happen on weekends, so maybe it's the same for migrations. If you've been told Monday, you'll most likely just have to bite the bullet until then. If it doesn't happen, come back and we can tag an advisor to chase it up for you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Rob62
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response. I will check out the info you have kindly posted about, and hopefully this may help to at least clue me in to the vagaries of trying to port a number, fingers crossed anyway 😁 q

Message 4 of 5

Rob62
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your quick response.

I totally agree with you about the problems porting a number, it's supposed to be straight forward, or at least should be once you have achieved a degree in rocket science 😂.  

If the migration doesn't work I'll take your advice and "I'll be back", (thanks Arnie 😆) Monday, where hopefully someone will be able to assist in resolving this matter.

Thanks again, Rob62 👍

Message 5 of 5