Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE10

davep90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why am I getting a message saying 'it looks like this offer isn't for you' when it was offered during the purchase?

I topped up eventually on line after numerous attempts by phone failed, but balance is till showing 0.00.

I then contacted live chat who told me she couldn't give me any help as she didn't have access to my account LOL (I have a pay monthly account and this PAYG as a 2nd phone)

I cant find any option to email anyone and customer service cuts off as soon as I'm put through to someone to speak to?

H E L P

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davep90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I just had a msg from customer service to say the free10 has now been applied.

thanks

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@davep90 

Where and when did you get the Sim card? as if not direct it could be an expired offer sim (looking at you B&M and Home Bargains) or it could be the system hasnt caught up

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

davep90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes I realise we are all customers here. I got the sim from o2 with the phone I purchased. The sim during the purchase process clearly said that there was a free £10 offer with it or I wouldn't have known about it to ask the question?

Not quite sure what you mean by your comment ''if not direct it could be an expired offer sim (looking at you B&M and Home Bargains) or it could be the system hasnt caught up''

I appreciate the help

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@davep90 

B&M and Home Bargains and the ilk are known to sell sim cards on PAYG across all networks that are expired or have offers that long expired. 

The only people who can help are o2, i am afraid and going through the T&C's, the only information I can offer is the below.

To claim, activate a new qualifying SIM and then text FREE10 to 21500 within 28 days of ordering your SIM. Text must be sent from and Free Credit will only be paid to, the mobile phone number on the new qualifying sim. 16+ only. No cash alternative. Pay As You Go service terms, tariff terms and Big Bundle tariff terms apply, see o2.co.uk/terms.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@davep90 

You'll need to raise a complaint to get it added.

Customer services are unwilling to add it anymore since the Virgin con artists took over. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

davep90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks. I'll see how I get on with CS if they reply to my message that is? and report back.

Message 6 of 8

davep90
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I just had a msg from customer service to say the free10 has now been applied.

thanks

Message 7 of 8

Dreadpirateflap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same question (just posted it) so i will go down the same route then.
been with o2 one day and already had several issues. wonder if I chose poorly?

Message 8 of 8