Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data promotion

NevilleBartos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on the £30 big bundle and sent the 'double' text and got this reply...

O2: Sorry. To take part in the double bundle offer, you'll need to change your tariff to one of our £10, £20 or £30 Big Bundles. Please note the £15 and £25 Big Bundles aren't in the offer. To hear more about each Bundle and to change tariff, call FREE on 2202. After you change, we will add the double allowance within 24 hours. Thanks.

Odd, I thought, as I do have the £30 big bundle. So I phoned 2202 and it seems like my £30 big bundle was an older version -- less minutes and texts -- anyway, I swap my old big bundle for the new big bundle and I text 'double' again...

O2: Sorry, entries for that offer are now closed. Keep a look out for future O2 Pay and Go promotions.

So, how does this work exactly?
Is just switching tariff not enough, do I need a balance of £30 on my phone just to activate the offer?
Is it all just horribly broken?
How do I get my extra 20gbs of data?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

bassplayer
  • 25 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When you think how large O2 are as a company it’s surprising how basic things like this are missed.

I think the problem is that a culture of letting customers do the testing has taken over. I come from a customer testing background and can honestly say that the small investment required to set up a customer end test team is tiny compared with losing contracts due to embarrassing implementation.

It’s almost as though forums like this are the only way companies like O2 ever find bugs in the system. Alternatively, the business model may be to look the part with attractive offers but not act the part by making it difficult to take the offers up....or another way to look at it is that greed is taking over. 😞
Message 2 of 5

NevilleBartos
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't even understand how I could be on an outdated tariff that's not even available anymore. Why wouldn't it be automatically updated?
O2 just seem incredibly lazy, except, of course, when it comes to harassing payg customers to 'upgrade' to a contract.
I don't want to jump through hoops to get something that's only supposed to take a single text. If that turns out to be the case I'll take my business elsewhere.
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 

Is there anything you can do to help @NevilleBartos please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

@NevilleBartos I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details, and we'll get someone on our end to look into your account to see if we can help you can this sorted slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5