Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data promotion up to August 2019 for existing customers

bassplayer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have any existing O2 PAYG customers here succeeded in obtaining the double data promotion for the £10, £20 and £30 tariffs?

Although targeted at new customers, the T&C’s state that this offer is also open to existing customers provided they are on the £10, £20 or £30 tarrifs but they must type “DOUBLE” to the 2424 text number.

I had a nightmare when I tried this. My account was due on the 11th of this month so I changed my £15 tariff to the £20 tariff so that on the 11th I’d be eligible for the double data promotion. However for some reason it changed my tariff immediately (so I had effectively lost 2 days of remaining data).

Despite this, I decided that seeing as it had already switched me over to the £20 tariff, I’d send “DOUBLE” to 2424. However the O2 text system sent me several identical texts telling me that entries for that offer were “now closed”! The O2 promotion clearly states that it is open until 28th August!

I then queried all this with the on line help. They admitted there seems to be a system problem but he had to reset my account to ensure my tariff switches as it should on 11th June. Apparently I need to send “DOUBLE” to 2424 again on the 11th June.

My suspicious nature tells me that O2 are making it deliberately hard for existing customers to get this promotional deal. Now that Three are offering a £20 unlimited data plan, it does seem as though O2 are being left behind. I’m losing my patience with them after being an O2 customer for several years anyway...

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've stopped looking for the 'Timestamp error' @pgn . I thought it had been fixed Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 41

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

bassplayer
  • 25 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We’re not talking about 1 hour. The texts talk about renewing the Big Bundle by the 11/7/19 when the text is received on the 14/7/19.

I’m now getting messages now trying to get me to accept a solution. How can I do that when I don’t know whether I got my full 16Gb until I’ve used it? Everything (other than a promise by O2 over the phone) still tells me I only have 8Gb.

Bearing in mind that O2 support person also promised me their direct email and still hasn’t sent it.

Message 23 of 41

bassplayer
  • 25 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
...actually just found that if you send BALANCE by text it does send back a text for the amount of data left for the promotional 8Gb and another for the normal 8Gb. If you phone for the automated balance or use the app they still don’t tell you about the additional 8Gb.
Message 24 of 41

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Message 25 of 41

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did the text to 2424 and then I got a text saying that its closed and I got another text saying that I got the £10 double Data Big Bundle.
LGreenwood
Message 26 of 41

thom_horne
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why nothing for the £15 tier?

I wouldn't mind jumping from the £15 tarriff to the £10 deal and getting 4gb but it seems way too complicated to switch tarrifs and join as an existing customer. I will most likely run my payg credit out for the next two months and join Three.

Message 27 of 41

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 28 of 41

thom_horne
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not the £15 or £25 ones for some reason?

I've downgraded to the £10 bundle which will activate tomorrow as it would have reset then for the month as usual.

Here's hoping the extra data will be applied correctly, the text I received back did look promising stating that after a maximum of 24 hours my extra data will be added after joining an eligable bundle.
Message 29 of 41

bassplayer
  • 25 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why would anyone believe that if the promotion isn’t advertised for the £15 and £25 tariffs though?
Message 30 of 41