Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled number

CJintheUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sometime in the past month or so my sim has been disabled. I've had this number for over 10 years and have never had an issue until now. I'm guessing something changed when I had to get a micro-sim due to getting a new phone.  I only found out that my number had been connected when none of my family could wish me seasons greeting on Xmas and New years.  Help, I need this number back...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@CJintheUK If you haven't made a chargeable call or sent a text within the last six months your account would have been disabled. Either that, or you never activated your new sim card. You need to contact customer service. You can call for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@CJintheUK If you haven't made a chargeable call or sent a text within the last six months your account would have been disabled. Either that, or you never activated your new sim card. You need to contact customer service. You can call for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

CJintheUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appriciate your answer but due to my phone being disabled, calling anywhere is rather hard. For personal reasons I don't have, or cannot get access to another telephone.  I was hoping to talk to an online agent but they always seem to be busy...

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@CJintheUK wrote:

I appriciate your answer but due to my phone being disabled, calling anywhere is rather hard. For personal reasons I don't have, or cannot get access to another telephone.  I was hoping to talk to an online agent but they always seem to be busy...

Try internet explorer if possible. Chat seems to only be available using that.

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@CJintheUK If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

CJintheUK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, worked fine on IE. All sorted, thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@CJintheUK wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, worked fine on IE. All sorted, thanks for the help.

Good new @CJintheUK grin

Message 7 of 9

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

.....If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.

I didn't know you could do that with Skype, thanks for the info that's really helped on another issue Thanks! (Do need the +44 800xxx though otherwise it came up as chargeable:

Message 8 of 9

Bambino
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

.....If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.

I didn't know you could do that with Skype, thanks for the info that's really helped on another issue Thanks! (Do need the +44 800xxx though otherwise it came up as chargeable:

Bow

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9