Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Reply
Level 1: Joiner
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎24-09-2013
Accepted Solution

Disabled number

Sometime in the past month or so my sim has been disabled. I've had this number for over 10 years and have never had an issue until now. I'm guessing something changed when I had to get a micro-sim due to getting a new phone.  I only found out that my number had been connected when none of my family could wish me seasons greeting on Xmas and New years.  Help, I need this number back...

Level 62: Glorious
Posts: 11,547
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: Disabled number

[ Edited ]

@CJintheUK If you haven't made a chargeable call or sent a text within the last six months your account would have been disabled. Either that, or you never activated your new sim card. You need to contact customer service. You can call for free from any phone on 0800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Level 1: Joiner
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎24-09-2013

Re: Disabled number

I appriciate your answer but due to my phone being disabled, calling anywhere is rather hard. For personal reasons I don't have, or cannot get access to another telephone.  I was hoping to talk to an online agent but they always seem to be busy...

Posts: 63,721
Topics: 530
Solutions: 3,309
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Disabled number


@CJintheUK wrote:

I appriciate your answer but due to my phone being disabled, calling anywhere is rather hard. For personal reasons I don't have, or cannot get access to another telephone.  I was hoping to talk to an online agent but they always seem to be busy...


Try internet explorer if possible. Chat seems to only be available using that.

Level 62: Glorious
Posts: 11,547
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: Disabled number

@CJintheUK If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Level 1: Joiner
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎24-09-2013

Re: Disabled number

Thanks for the suggestion, worked fine on IE. All sorted, thanks for the help.

 

Posts: 63,721
Topics: 530
Solutions: 3,309
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Disabled number


@CJintheUK wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, worked fine on IE. All sorted, thanks for the help.

 


Good new @CJintheUK grin

Level 13: Prompter
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎22-01-2014

Re: Disabled number


@Bambino wrote:

.....If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.


I didn't know you could do that with Skype, thanks for the info that's really helped on another issue Thanks! (Do need the +44 800xxx though otherwise it came up as chargeable:

Highlighted
Level 62: Glorious
Posts: 11,547
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: Disabled number


@dgilbert2 wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

.....If you have Skype or another VOIP program you can use the 0800 number and call through that.


I didn't know you could do that with Skype, thanks for the info that's really helped on another issue Thanks! (Do need the +44 800xxx though otherwise it came up as chargeable:


Bow

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Image and video hosting by TinyPic