Did you mean: 

Deactivated card abroad

Szczepan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

My father has an issue with a sim card probably.

He can't receive any message (including 4 digit code for authorization) or call or perform any of these: call, text, check his balance.

FAQs and technicians are not finding solutions or cannot help me for "security reasons".

I have SIM card serial number as authentication. 

What would be a course of action to maybe receive a new card with the same number, as O2 shops are closed.

Regards

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions
Hi Szczepan,

It sounds like your fathers sim card has probably been deactivated. This can happen when the sim card is unused (no outgoing calls or top-ups) for a period of time.

O2 shops are now open, however, they won't be able to perform a sim swap without a form of ID from your father and him being there in person.

The best course of action would be to call customer services on 03448090222 and explain the situation. You'll need that sim serial number to hand, as well as his mobile number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions
Hi Szczepan,

It sounds like your fathers sim card has probably been deactivated. This can happen when the sim card is unused (no outgoing calls or top-ups) for a period of time.

O2 shops are now open, however, they won't be able to perform a sim swap without a form of ID from your father and him being there in person.

The best course of action would be to call customer services on 03448090222 and explain the situation. You'll need that sim serial number to hand, as well as his mobile number.
Message 2 of 2