cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir/Madam,

Two years ago, I got a number from O2. However, I moved to Turkey in the last year around January 2017. I have an account which I can still access via internet, but I cannot use my number. Next month, I will probably travel to the UK, so I need to activate my number.

What should I do?

Best Regards,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Those are usually the standard questions asked in order to reactivate a sim. If you know those details you can simply call them on the customer service number. They will reactivate it immediately and any credit you had on the phone will be recredited 24 hours later. 

Obviously the decision is yours but if you decide to call use Skype to these free numbers or other wifi calling apps. 

20171202_153203.png

Message 11 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
But it does all depend on how long the sim has been inactive.
Too long and there's no chance of keeping the same number or credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, I wanted to check how it went with your old number, did you manage to keep it in the end or ended up getting a new one? slight_smile

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo 

Actually I have not got it yet. Next month I will probably go to the UK, so if my number has not been reclaimed by someone else, I will try to get it back. I do not want to get a new number. So I will see what will happen next slight_smile

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Ok good luck, keep us updated on how it goes. slight_smile

Message 16 of 16