cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir/Madam,

Two years ago, I got a number from O2. However, I moved to Turkey in the last year around January 2017. I have an account which I can still access via internet, but I cannot use my number. Next month, I will probably travel to the UK, so I need to activate my number.

What should I do?

Best Regards,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous

You need to contact customer services as we have no idea of your account status on here, sorry.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Were you on PAYG @Anonymous? If so to keep the number active you need to make a chargeable call or text at least once every 6 months and top up at least once every 999 days.

NB: Just edited for typo. Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

11 months is a long time but if the number is still showing in My O2 then customer service may well reactivate it for you if it hasn't been reclaimed @Anonymous

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
After that long would the number already have been reallocated?
Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have Skype or another VOIP you can call O2 on 0800 032 1402 from Turkey for free to see if they will reactivate your number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. Tomorrow, I will call them. By the way, is there (+44) in front of this number? or can I call directly with the number you have sent?

Message 7 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous If you use Skype it will ask which country you want to call, which will automatically put in the +44, and then you need to leave off the first 0 (zero). Please let us know how you get on, and good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino I have called to my friend who lives in London in order to go to an O2 kiosk. She asked and got an answers which are two,
1- Get a new number from O2. This is the easiest way slight_smile .
2- If I keep my number,
I am supposed to go to an O2 kiosk in the UK, and they will give me a new SIM card which I need to provide my last top up date and two UK number which I called before for security reasons.

So, I don't know what I am going to do slight_smile .

Thank you very much all of you.
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144186 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Probably easier to get a new PAYG sim when you are here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 16