Did you mean: 

Data cut off on childs phone

Joedal4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

My 13yr old is now on pay as you go monthly bundle, she has 6GB of data as part of her bundle. If in the event she uses the full 6GB of data before the next bundle is due, it is that she wont be able to use any further data above her 6GB usage, that none is available?  In other words I'd like the piece of mind that there wont be any charges incurred if she is allowed to continue using data but being charged for it.

To know if in the event that 6GB is used, she would have to wait until the next bundle due date to get another 6GB. I dont really want to call the next bundle forward, it more so about once the 6GB is used, thats it till the next time we top up when more data is available, that a limit is hit for a cap to stop any further data use. This is the option preferred at the moment.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.  

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Joedal4 

Assuming there is no extra credit on the account, the data will stop once the 6gb is used.

If there is any credit, the data use will be taken out of that until all the credit is used.

The data allowance will renew automatically on her anniversary date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Joedal4 

Assuming there is no extra credit on the account, the data will stop once the 6gb is used.

If there is any credit, the data use will be taken out of that until all the credit is used.

The data allowance will renew automatically on her anniversary date.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Joedal4
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5,

Thats great, thank you for this. No there wont be any extra credit on the account, I will just be buying the monthly bundle at the moment and may move to an upgraded account as she gets older. This offers piece of mind that I wont be surprised with data charges beyond the 6gb allowance, that data allowance just stops till the next bundle.

Many thanks again.  

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Joedal4
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

Thank you for your past advice, I just wanted to check this comment in O2 terms and conditions, its a little unclear.

'After you've used your inclusive data allowance and any Bolt On data allowance you may have, you'll be charged at standard tariff rates when using data in the UK subject to a daily fair usage'

Does this mean that if the monthly data allowance in a bundle had been used up before the next due date to top up, that if data is being used still then charges will apply? I maybe reading it wrong, but its seems like there is no cap/block limited to just the bundle data after its used up, that you can continue to use data but now charges will begin to start on any data being used until a new bundle is purchased.

Thanks again for your time,   

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Data will stop after he allowance has been used

The only extra charge will be if a bolt on is purchased on the account

Message 6 of 8

Joedal4
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help, gives peace of mind.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions