Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Charges

JohnW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, can anyone tell me why, after telling me that I have used £1 of data and that I won’t be charged anymore until after midnight, do I then get a message telling me that I am close to my daily limit and that I need to text WEBDAILY to 21300 to get an additional 50Mb of data for £1 ?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

£1 is the web daily charge for 50mb, if you want more you need send the text to request it.
If you find yourself using more on a regular basis you should consider a different tariff. 

Choice of tariffs here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

£1 is the web daily charge for 50mb, if you want more you need send the text to request it.
If you find yourself using more on a regular basis you should consider a different tariff. 

Choice of tariffs here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Web daily info:

Snacking One Off Data Bolt Ons

Web Daily:

• £1 one off payment for 50MB of UK data to use today.
  • To get the Web Daily Bolt On, call 2202 free from your O2 phone, or text WEBDAILY to 21300 for free.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JohnW

If you dont want to use any mobile data at all, then just turn mobile data off on your phone and use WiFi only

This way you wont be charged at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

JohnW
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So in reply to MI5 - the system shouldn’t have told me I wouldn’t be charged anymore!

To Cleoriff, switching data off isn’t an option if there is no Wi-Fi available - the phone will default to Wi-Fi in any case if it is available.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JohnW wrote:
So in reply to MI5 - the system shouldn’t have told me I wouldn’t be charged anymore!

Yes, the message is wrong.

You get 50mb per £1

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

JohnW
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Perhaps if anyone from O2 are reading this, they might do something to stop this misleading message being sent.
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @JohnW, and welcome Wave I'll make sure to pass on your feedback, thanks for posting it slight_smile I'm sending you a Private Message on the forum just to get a few more details as well.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8