Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Big Bundle - Data Carry-over

thejudge62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm on the £10 Data Big Bundle, and I understood that any unused data would be carried over to the new period (subject to the limit, of course).

I topped up on 06/09 as usual, and I've got the 5000 texts and the 500 mins of calls as per the new spec for the Bundle, but none of my unused data up to 06/09 has carried forward (I don't remember how much I had - probably about 400MB - certainly not enough to reach the overall limit).

Have I misunderstood? Does the 'carry-over' provision only start after the first period under the new spec? Or has something stopped my surplus data allocation from being carried forward?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thejudge62
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just got around to doing a Web Chat (the first one I've ever done!). As the old £10 Data Big Bundle tariff didn't have data rollover, the data from it couldn't be rolled over into the first period of the revised tariff. The rollover will start at the end of this current period (06/10). This is what I suspected to be the case (see my first post).

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @thejudge62

Please follow this link, which may answer your question:

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjVmJLNr77dAhVute0KHejkBlMYABAAGgJkZw&oho...

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 8

thejudge62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry, but that just states what I assumed was the case. I topped up in time and got the increased allocation of texts and calls plus the basic 2GB of data, but no rollover of unused data from the previous period.
Message 3 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Then you will need to speak to Customer Services @thejudge62 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. You should ring between 8-8:30am to ensure you don't have a long wait.

They should br able to assist you.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@thejudge62

There is a bundle cap on the data you can rollover. It also depends on if you changed your bundle tariff at any time, or whether you topped up on your anniversary date.

Data rollover on data Big Bundles

Data rollover lets you roll over data you haven’t used in a month, onto the next month’s Big Bundle.

• Data rollover is available on all of our data Big Bundle tariffs.
  • There is a bundle cap on how much data you can rollover each month. If you’re on £10 (2GB) this will be a 4GB bundle cap. £15 (5GB) will be a 10GB bundle cap. £20 (8GB) will be a 16GB bundle cap. £25 (10GB) will be a 20GB bundle cap. And £30 (20GB) will be a 40GB bundle cap.
  • If you don’t renew your Big Bundle on the same day as your previous bundle expires, your data won’t rollover.
  • Data can rollover month to month, as long as you renew your Big Bundle.
  • If you change your Big Bundle tariff (move from £15 to £20, for example) then your data rollover will expire and be reset in line with your new tariff.
  • Once you hit your limit for data rollover, you’ll stay at the maximum limit each month until all the data is used.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

If you have met all the above conditions, then as @Glory1 says, contact customer services this morning.

Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @thejudge62, the other members shared some useful info and advice above smiling Did it help you udnerstand your carry-over better, or have you received any additional explanation from Customer service?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

thejudge62
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just got around to doing a Web Chat (the first one I've ever done!). As the old £10 Data Big Bundle tariff didn't have data rollover, the data from it couldn't be rolled over into the first period of the revised tariff. The rollover will start at the end of this current period (06/10). This is what I suspected to be the case (see my first post).
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the update, @thejudge62, I'm glad to hear you figured this one out smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8