Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused elderly user re charges and tariffs

BH3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iused to be able to top up when needed now I find I am being charged 55p per call. I am on Simplicity No allowance and I note on various so called help sites that if I do not top up or add a "bolt on" in 6 months I lose all credit etc. I only carry the phone for emergancy if out in the car but it seems I now have to pay a top up of £10 just to stay connected. Am I on the right tariff. I do not use data, emails etc  on the phone - I have a computer for that. I am well in credit and to continue to add credit does not seem right. I know you might say well use the phone and if that is the answer then so be it but then I am paying for services ie internet connection which I do not need. Thanks in anticipation

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@BH3 

Believe it or not but that is the cheapest tariff for your usage that you can get now with O2.

They have changed all the tariffs and put the call charges up on the older ones.

You only need to make a call every 6 months though to stay connected, a top up is only required once every 999 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@BH3 

Believe it or not but that is the cheapest tariff for your usage that you can get now with O2.

They have changed all the tariffs and put the call charges up on the older ones.

You only need to make a call every 6 months though to stay connected, a top up is only required once every 999 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

BH3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thankyou M15 Put my mind at rest that I will not be suddenly cut of. Already do 6 monthly phone call. The burning question now is will I make the 999 days to do a top up !!!!!!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Fingers crossed for you @BH3 🤞

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4