Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic pay as you go

Angevin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I right that the terms for Classic PAYG Tariff have changed meaning that even if you make one call in a 6 month period your number will be disconnected unless you top up or have a bolt on? In effect you are being forced to have a bolt on for a months duration as a minimum or pay £10 to top up in order to keep your number?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@littlelinn 

Whether a text is chargeable or not will depend on your tariff, but the key to keeping the sim active is "chargeable" activity

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 24

littlelinn
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi M15  Totally agree. I am on Classic pay as you go and my texts are chargeable but as I said customer service told me that texts are registerd differently to phone calls and so do not register as if you have made a chargeable action.  Just saying as I dont want anyone falling into the same trap as I did, especially if the phone is important to them.  Seeing as customer service is giving out different information I think I will use all my credit and forego my phone which is a shame as it was my deceased husbands phone and number so sentimental to me

Message 12 of 24

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@littlelinn 

We sometimes wonder where customer service get their ideas from.

People have been sending texts to keep accounts active for years. We've never heard that they don't count before now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 24

littlelinn
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So if people have been texting to keep their phones active why has it not worked for me?  The last text I sent from my husbands phone to mine - which I answered - was on 23th Aug and they cut me off on 2nd Oct.  I do remember the girl in the o2 shop looking a bit confused when she looked into my message history and told me to ring customer services. So maybe cutting me off was an error on their part and they are giving me fasle info to cover their mistake?

Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Indeed @littlelinn 

I would say it was an error too.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

littlelinn
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for reply It would be nice to know what happens to KeithR after he sacrifices himself lol
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We're all waiting to find out too tongue

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

KeithR
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

4 days to go @littlelinn until my 6 months is up - trying to stay calm!

Message 18 of 24

littlelinn
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh thank you KeithR and M15 for last two replys its nice to have a laugh 🤣 especially in these difficult times Keep safe
Message 19 of 24

KeithR
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, it's 6 months and a day since my last topup and I'm still connected! During that time, I've made 3 or 4 one minute calls and sent about 5 texts. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Message 20 of 24