Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Pay and Go

Wibly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I activated a £10 classic sim last Sunday to use in a GPS tracker, it was working fine and deducting 2p for text commands, data use is minimal estimated about 32kb/hour.  My balance a couple of days ago was £9.88.  Out of the blue I received an additional £5 credit (possibly a promotion from the people I got the sim from ? )  Since then my credit has been going down at an alarming rate and has dropped £2 in two days, with only 14 texts received fro the tracker I can only assume data is accounting for the rest. Even if the tracker had been on 24/7 it would only have used 1.5mb .

Could the free credit be on a different tariff which charges an arm and a leg for data ?  My O2 account with the balance shows Classic Pay and GO  at 3p/2p/1p.

I don't care about using the free credit but am concerned that the correct Classic tariff applies to the credit I have paid for.

Has anyone had a similar problem ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Wibly  I believe the Classic Pay & Go Tariff has been discontinued. You need to speak to customer service: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant believe they ditched it, info HERE 

Message 3 of 5

Wibly
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It has been discontinued but you can still activate existing SIMS if they are in date.

I have just talked with customer service it seems that there is a 1p charge per data session, so even though my tracker has only been used for a few sessions, every time the signal is lost due to poor coverage it triggers a new data session.

So according to customer service I have used 0.613MB of data which should cost 1p, but it took 183 connections so I have been charged £1.60  which works out at £2.61 /MB !!!!  (not sure why it is not £1.83 )

I will try and take this further as if the session is ended by lack of covereage it shouldn't be the customer who pays. 1p for each time I connect the tracker to the server for a session is just about acceptable even though it probably only uses a few KB.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wibly 

It has always been per session on that tariff. Also mentioned in the T&C's 

3.C 

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/classic-pay-as-you-go-terms-and-conditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5