Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Pay As You Go

Frosty66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

With the Classic Pay As You Go do you have to top up every so often i.e. monthly to keep the account active and not lose any existing credit?  Or do you only have to top up when you run out of credit and make sure it is used at least once every 6 months?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Frosty66 wrote:

With the Classic Pay As You Go do you have to top up every so often i.e. monthly to keep the account active and not lose any existing credit?  Or do you only have to top up when you run out of credit and make sure it is used at least once every 6 months?

The latter

Use for a chargeable call or text every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Frosty66 wrote:

The latter

Use for a chargeable call or text every 6 months and top up every 999 days.

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Frosty66 You top up as and when you need it.

More info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

ChrisAO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where did this Top Up every 999 days come from? I've never seen that before, and as I've just posted in another thread, the 6 months might now be 90 days but that's not what the Ts&Cs say!!

Message 4 of 5

devonlass
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

T & Cs say must use at least six-monthly, but having found out this morning that my phone not working, I discovered that the balance was NIL and the 'phone deactivated. I had last used the phone on 07/11/20. Used landline to contact O2 support and was told that need to use phone 'once or twice a month' to keep it live. They did graciously agree to reinstate my balance and reactivate the sim, however. But I had to remove the sim from the phone, which I struggled to do, and then struggle again with microscopic print on the back of the sim, just to read to them its number.

Seems to me that this is sharp practice, at the very least, and probably actually someting much worse. This needs sorting. What a way to treat customers!

Message 5 of 5