Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Pay%20As%20You%20Go%20minimum%20data%20charge%201p%20or%2020p

wiganken
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have been a 'Classic PAYG' customer since November 2019 but have only just started to use use data. O2 Data usage T&Cs show the cost is 1p/MB and “No data capped. Your Top Up balance will be deducted after every 20MB block of data usage or if the data session is ended (whichever happens first). There is a minimum charge of 1p per data session. The cost of each data session is rounded up to the nearest whole penny.” Today I started using Data for the first time and my phone shows I used 624.9KB of data (I web browsed for about 30 seconds). My balance fell from £17.99 to £17.79 so I was charged 20p when it should have been 1p.

Is this an error at O2 or have I misunderstood the T&Cs?

I am unable to get help via the O2 Chat robot hence why I am posting here.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@wiganken 

I often find my balance increases again overnight as all the days data sessions are added up and balanced out. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@wiganken 

I often find my balance increases again overnight as all the days data sessions are added up and balanced out. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

wiganken
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks MI5. Yes you are right. I checked again this morning and it had gone up to where it should be. From £17.79 to £17.98.

On the day it showed I was being charged 20p for 30 seconds web browsing. Twenty times more than expected. You have set me free to use my data without worrying.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4