Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose who to connect to when Roaming

babyboomer49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am going on a Fred Olsen Cruise round Norway and my PAYG phone will have roaming disabled when on-board. When we dock and leave the boat, I can enable roaming as  Norway has the same pricing as EU countries but how do I make sure my phone does not connect to the boat or other network that O2 does not recognise and force it to connect to a Norwegian Telecom company that O2 uses? What network name should I be connecting to?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@babyboomer49 

Telenor will be the best to connect to I would think.

Other options will be NetCom, Tele2 and ICE.

If you put your phones network selection setting to manual, you will have to select a network yourself which will prevent the phone automatically connecting to something you don't want.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@babyboomer49 

Telenor will be the best to connect to I would think.

Other options will be NetCom, Tele2 and ICE.

If you put your phones network selection setting to manual, you will have to select a network yourself which will prevent the phone automatically connecting to something you don't want.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

babyboomer49
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that. I presume that when I connect to a valid network I will get a message from O2 saying welcome to xxx roaming, or something like that. I will look out for the names you listed when ashore. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you will receive a message telling you that all calls etc are included in your allowances.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4