cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for phone but no order/confirmation email - how to get a refund?

GK2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

A couple nights ago I attempted to purchase a PAYG phone from the O2 website.

At the final screen (where you enter your card details) I submitted my details but was then taken to a screen saying 'something had gone wrong'.

I assumed I had not been charged, and the order hadn't been placed - but I was wrong (at least about not being charged).

I'm not sure if an order has been placed - I don't think an order has been placed as I haven't received an email - but I have definitely been charged for the phone, and so my question is: how do I obtain a refund (without an order/reference number)?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You won't have been charged yet. The money will be "held" as available funds to send to o2 if the order completes, but if it doesn't, it will show back in your account after 3 to 4 days.

An example of such here from Sagepay website https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/32/order-failed-funds-still-taken

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You won't have been charged yet. The money will be "held" as available funds to send to o2 if the order completes, but if it doesn't, it will show back in your account after 3 to 4 days.

An example of such here from Sagepay website https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/32/order-failed-funds-still-taken

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

bonaccord
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,   I had a similar problem , I would call 202 from your mobile which is free, and they will talk you through what to do, (remember you have a transaction as proof that the money has been taken) Mine is still on going and thats been two weeks but they are bery helpful

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@GK2If you want to know the status of your order (it may be out of stock) then give customer services a call

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@bonaccordwrote:

Hi,   I had a similar problem , I would call 202 from your mobile which is free, and they will talk you through what to do, (remember you have a transaction as proof that the money has been taken) Mine is still on going and thats been two weeks but they are bery helpful

But the OP did not have any transaction as the website fell over before completion.

Yours sounds like a different scenario to this one.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

danste237
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am experiencing the same problem as some posts I have read on here, I purchased a Pay as you go phone from O2 online last Thursday evening, was taken to a web page that said what happens next, and it stated my phone will be delivered on Friday bettween 8am and 10pm, waited for the text on friday for delivery details, they never arrived, I have contacted o2 CS and was advised on Friday, Saturday, Monday, and today it is in a so called Order Dispatch Process, I explained that I have had a friend order hers last Wednesday and it was delivered Thursday, I feel CS are sending me around in circles and I cant keep taking days off hoping that the phone will turn up, any advise would be greatlly welcome right now as o2 seem to be ignoring my issue and tell me that until it completes this stage there is nothing they can do, not even a refund as the payment for the phone has already been taken as cleared funds and showing on my bank account as paid. Has anyone had there problems resolved yet

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions