Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge to Mobile

YMF
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi I'm hoping someone can help to point me in the right direction with this issue.

I've been using O2 Charge to Mobile to buy Itunes codes for 3 years with no issues at all. Over the last couple of weeks I've tried to to buy a £30 Itunes voucher code but with no success. I get as far as the text verification message to my phone to which I respond Y as requested. After that nothing happens, the money does not come off my balance and no matter how long I wait the transaction is not completed. I've not bought a code for some months so I've not requested too many. I've spoken to O2 customer service who had no idea why it isn't working and they checked all was well with my account which it is. They just suggested I try again in a week or so which I did and had the same result. I've also spoken to Boku who say they can see the billable message has been sent but have no idea why it does not complete.

After numerous failures and O2 and Boku assuring me all was well with their systems I tried again but this time bought a £20 Itunes subscription. This time it  worked up to the point where the screen said I had been successful and would receive my emails from O2, the money came off my credit balance but I did not receive the emails from O2 confirming the transaction or my itunes code.  Boku confirmed that my transaction was successful and said I needed to contact O2. I phoned customers services and was surprised that the agent had not even heard of Charge to Mobile and when he asked around the office no one else had either. I had to explain to him how the scheme worked and refer him to the webpage  describing it. He said he had no idea why it didn't work for me anymore but just agreed to refund my £20 credit.

Whilst that was helpful in that I'm not down £20 it does not take me any further forward in successfully buying an itunes code with my phone credit. Boku have said they can't help any further as far as they are concerned their systems are working fine, O2 don't seem to be able to help as I cant find anyone who seems to know anything about the scheme. As I'm on text and web tariff I find buying Itunes codes a useful way of using up my excess credit.

I'm just hoping someone can shed some light on this as I don't know where to go to get help with this. My phone is working normally and I get other texts and messages and emails with no issues. To me it appears that the interface between Boku and O2 is broken in some way but how I can get someone to investigate this I just dont know. 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

joe_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 said there is no problem on their end, and to contact Apple. I contacted Apple who referred me back to O2. O2 are now referring me to Boku, even though the error message is an O2 message on the O2 Website.

It's clearly a problem on the O2 system, no one appears to really know the details of the charge to mobile function!

I was told to contact Boku, and if they can't sort the problem then to contact O2 on 202....

Message 31 of 34

Sigma7
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It’s really an o2 problem. You buy a gift card with your mobile bill...mine keeps saying my email is incorrect!
Message 32 of 34

joe_
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, definitely an O2 problem! I also get the same email error message

Message 33 of 34

joe_
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 said that it's likely to be an error due to a spend limit, they lifted the limit off my account and i've been assured that charge to mobile will now work within 72 hours

Message 34 of 34