1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Changing tariff to Classic P&G

If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer, you can switch to Classic Pay As You Go in one of the following ways:

• text CLASSIC free to 21300
  • call 2202 free from your mobile
  • visit My O2.

You’ll be switched over on your next renewal date.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Changing tariff to Classic P&G

If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer, you can switch to Classic Pay As You Go in one of the following ways:

• text CLASSIC free to 21300
  • call 2202 free from your mobile
  • visit My O2.

You’ll be switched over on your next renewal date.

Message 2 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Chelon, did the information above help you get to the tariff you wanted? 

If you need some more help, please let us know, and welcome to the forum! Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 10

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry to bring a old thread up but my brother joined o2 today he has a big bundle downloaded the my o2 app and will be switching over to classic payg in a months time will he have to top up again in a months time I'm not sure how the credit system works when going from a big bundle to classic payg
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
With the classic tariff you just top up when needed. You don't get any allowances so pay for all usage.
3p per min for calls, 2p per text and 1p per gb of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Once he has changed over he will need to top up if there is no credit on the phone as he won't be able to call or text without credit. Any top up he has made in order to get his big bundle allowance will have been used up to get them. 

Message 6 of 10

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the reply @MI5 my brother will be switched over on Sept 10 what happens to the £10 big bundle credit on that date does it run out or gets transferred over to his classic payg account or would he have to top up his classic payg account after or on the transfer date
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pete58 wrote:
Thanks for the reply @MI5 my brother will be switched over on Sept 10 what happens to the £10 big bundle credit on that date does it run out or gets transferred over to his classic payg account or would he have to top up his classic payg account after or on the transfer date

Usually it would be lost but if he calls customer service they may transfer it as credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks to @MI5 and @jonsie for your reply's when I was typing my question on my phone your reply @jonsie didn't show up on my phone if I had seen it I wouldn't have asked but thanks again for the replies
Message 10 of 10