cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Pay Monthly to Pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently found that my monthly moblile bill has become quite extortionate and wish to change to pay as you go. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find information anywhere on the 02 site. Just wondered if anyone can help me with this problem as I'm finding it increasingly difficult to manage payments due to a change in my circumstances. I'm hoping that, if feasible, pay as you go would be more manageable and easier for me to budget.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to end your contract first. Then call customer service on 202 and they will send you PAYG sim with your number transferred. There will be fees to be paid if you are not at the end of contract unless you are on Refresh in which case you can pay off the handset and give 30 days notice. Help here.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to end your contract first. Then call customer service on 202 and they will send you PAYG sim with your number transferred. There will be fees to be paid if you are not at the end of contract unless you are on Refresh in which case you can pay off the handset and give 30 days notice. Help here.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A guide to Refresh here @Anonymous

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Please let us know if there's something else we can do to help you!  We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks a lot for the help @Cleoriff and @jonsie Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 8

JoEvans
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contracts due up & I wish to switch to Pay as you go too. O2 have been come a rip off on contract charging more than they should and the so called free calls txt etc has gone bogus as theyve took numbers people will need to call often or be left on hold for of free even though it doesnt state this before the call.. Take it can only be paypals 0870 number never use be charge to ring but now when I have o2 are billing me even though their long extensive list 0870 are free numbers I feel conned a barely use the phone as it is. So would appreciate a cancel of monthly to pay as go please as not got through on phone account number 1030677150
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JoEvans 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

movinsomewhere
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to do this right now, and it's like they have never dealt with such a query before. Nobody knows how to do it. I have been on the phone twice for 40mins each time. I have no faith at all in O2 at this point. I'll be cancelling my Pay monthly instead now. 

Message 8 of 8