Did you mean: 

Changing from Pay Monthly to PAYG

denmitchell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I've arranged to close my pay monthly account. I'm being sent a PAYG sim, to change my number to PAYG. Does anyone know how I do the swap?  You cant sim swap a Pay Monthly Sim to PAYG sim as far as I can tell, and they didn't tell me how to do it, so I'm confused how the change can happen? 

I've been told I'll get my final bill 14 days after they close the account down. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

I'll message you privately @denmitchell and look in to this for you smiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've just got off the phone and it seems my number will change over on the 17th of May.  The Lady I spke with explained I should have been told the transfer date, but hopefully this will all go through then.

Thanks for your help everyone....hopefully it will be sorted on the 17th 

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@denmitchell 

That seems a long time to wait?

@O2Lisa  does this normally take this long? Bottom line the PAYG sim should have arrived with the old number already on it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It does seem a long wait. I have noticed that the 17th when the change is supposed to happe, is my next billing date on my contract, so maybe thats why its closing and changing then. I'm really not sure, I just hope it works on the day.

Message 14 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

That makes sense from a billing perspective @denmitchell 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 19

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

@Cleoriff a pay and go sim card will always come with a temp number on, a number can only ever be on one sim card at a time, so if we put the number on the pay and go sim that would then leave customers with out a sim until the new sim card arrived smiling

Dates and timescales on the keep number transferring over does vary depending on weekends, bank holidays etc.

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@O2Lisa wrote:

@Cleoriff a pay and go sim card will always come with a temp number on, a number can only ever be on one sim card at a time, so if we put the number on the pay and go sim that would then leave customers with out a sim until the new sim card arrived smiling

Dates and timescales on the keep number transferring over does vary depending on weekends, bank holidays etc.

Thanks for that @O2Lisa. So does that  mean the number will change automatically on the new sim on the date given by O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

@Cleoriff If the customer has already spoken with our recontracting team and arranged this yes, not if the customer has just took it upon themselves to get a pay and go sim, it will need to be booked in smiling

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks for that @O2Lisa .

Years ago I did it the opposite way round, ie went from O2 PAYG to O2 Contract. Had a new phone as well. It was a 2 year standard contract. No Refresh then.

I did all this over the phone and for the life of me, I can't remember how it was done. It was 2012.

I certainly didn't have to fill in a Keep My Number form.  Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19