Did you mean: 

Changing from Pay Monthly to PAYG

denmitchell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I've arranged to close my pay monthly account. I'm being sent a PAYG sim, to change my number to PAYG. Does anyone know how I do the swap?  You cant sim swap a Pay Monthly Sim to PAYG sim as far as I can tell, and they didn't tell me how to do it, so I'm confused how the change can happen? 

I've been told I'll get my final bill 14 days after they close the account down. 

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @denmitchell 

Youcan change from Pay Monthly to PAYG

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @denmitchell 

Youcan change from Pay Monthly to PAYG

We can take care of moving your number and even arrange for your new Pay As You Go sim. Get in touch by calling us on 202 free from your O2 phone, or on 0344 809 0202 from any other phone. We'll do the rest.

If you're on O2 Refresh you can only move to Pay As You Go once your Device Plan is paid. If you're not on O2 Refresh but still in your contract minimum term, you might need to pay a termination charge, and our Customer Service team can talk this through with you. You’ll receive your final Pay Monthly bill 14 days after you move to Pay As You Go. You’ll need to settle any outstanding balance

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks, yes I did all the call to 202 yesterday, my closure is sorted, I wasn't on refresh, so it was easy enough to sort closing it down...and they've sent the new sim.

But do I just put the new PAYG sim in my phone? 

Will the sims/my number change automatically, or do I have to do something? 

I've not been told how to do it.

Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@denmitchell 

Your new PAYG sim should arrive with your number already on t.

You just need to top up to activate it Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

If you have any problems, just call O2 on 4445 and they'll sort it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@denmitchell 

If you said you wanted to keep your number the sim should have that on. If not, then do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

You need to activate it by topping up Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats great, thank you very much. 

Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@denmitchell 

Please note that you will have to call O2 if the sim doesn't arrive with your number on it.

You can't sim swap between account platforms.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well the sim arrived, but not with my number on it.

I called to check that they had done the required work to do the sim swap. She checked and could see it and put put through but nothing had happened. She re did the form to get it changed again and said If its not done by tomorrow morning to call back. So far nothing has happened. I am hopeful but as the day has gone on I'm wondering if its going to fail a second time.

Not sure what is wrong, they've assured me twice the sim swap will happen and my contract account will be shut. At this moment I still have a contract and a PAYG sim with the wrong number and £10 credit I've had to add to it. 

Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@denmitchell 

Strange that O2 have sent you a sim with the wrong number. As you have contacted them today, I'll ask one of our account advisors ( @O2Lisa )  to help tomorrow.

She is on duty from 8am.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

denmitchell
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That would be great, thank you so much. 

Message 10 of 19