Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Original to Classic PAYG

chrisoriordan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't use my mobile phone much and am currently on the very old Original payg. This is much more expensive than the current Classic payg. If I change tariffs, does anyone know whether the credit I currently have (about £10) will be transferred to the new tariff? If not then I suppose I should wait until I have used up this credit before switching.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just change the tariff in your MyO2 and your credit will remain as it is now. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
The change won't happen until your anniversary date though. If you want to change immediately, call 4445 to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just change the tariff in your MyO2 and your credit will remain as it is now. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
The change won't happen until your anniversary date though. If you want to change immediately, call 4445 to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

chrisoriordan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the information, MI5. I just switched tariffs online with no problems. The change went through straight away, and I still have my credit. Not sure what you meant about anniversary date, as I've been on the old payg for a long time, and doubt if I have a anniversary date. Anyway all's well that ends well. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yeah, it's tariff dependant and in not knowing what tariff exactly you were on, I just thought I'd mention it anyway.
Glad you got sorted.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4