Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes from 23rd August

alared
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I got a text saying they`ll be changes to the Classic PAYG tafiff from 23/8/18.

I`ve searched online but can`t find any info.

Can someone help please.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @Kevin896062

o2 do allow to tether on both PAYG and Contract.  They have done for over 18 months now. Possible even longer I think.

they relaxed the rules, I know I use it.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/personal-hotspot

There is is some caveats though.  iPhone no probs, windows no probs, but Android will need to run the latest and greatest update for it to be enabled.

older android phones will not work at all as it’s off by default in the settings and can’t be switched on.

but o2 otherwise do allow Tethering. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 51 of 55

michael80
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've finally had a link sent to me:

This is the text:

We’re making some changes to Pay As You Go on 23 August 2018. See below for the changes that affect your tariff.

Find out more about our Europe Zone

Your £10 Loyalty Big Bundle is about to get bigger, giving you more for your money. From your next renewal date on or after the 23rd August, you’ll get 1000 minutes, 5000 texts and 3GB of 4G data in exchange for £10 top up each month.
You don’t need to do anything, your tariff will update automatically when it renews on or after 23rd August.

Calls to Voicemail 901 from the UK and the rest of our Europe Zone will be increasing in price from 30p per call to 35p per call.
International texts from UK will be increasing in price from 20p per text to 25p per text. If you have the International Bolt On then International texts will continue to charge at the discounted rate of 15p per text

Texts from the UK to Jersey, Isle of Man and Guernsey mobiles will continue to be charged at 20p per text.

The price of the All Rounder monthly data Bolt On will increase from £6 per month to £6.50

The price of the Ultimate monthly data Bolt On will increase from £13 per month to £13.50

The price of the Snack 500MB data Bolt On will increase from £6.00 to £6.50
Message 52 of 55

michael80
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So the main takeaway is that the £10 Loyalty Big Bundle will once again offer different allowances. As of now, it offers the same allowances as a standard £10 bundle (2GB, 250 mins, 1000 texts) and has done since the standard bundles were changed around December last year.
Message 53 of 55

AndyJWS
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got the text saying it would change on 23rd August with the link, so topped up on 24th ahead of my cycle on the 26th of each month. Today got the usual "you have a fresh bundle" text - which showed absolutely no change, £10 big bundle still showing 250mins, 1000 texts and 500MB data. 

Colour me unimpressed with this change so far!

Message 54 of 55

AndyJWS
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Self-reply (sorry!) as could understandably not edit over a day later - am now sorted, though had to contact O2 to find out that I was on an old bundle that was not automatically updated for allowances. Switchover looks to have been painless and the online help were top notch, so much appreciated that side slight_smile

Message 55 of 55