Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes from 23rd August

alared
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I got a text saying they`ll be changes to the Classic PAYG tafiff from 23/8/18.

I`ve searched online but can`t find any info.

Can someone help please.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I didnt get this text slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 11 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jeanlyon

@MI5

@michael80

@alared

I'll see if I can get some more info, and will share any update I get here slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 55

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, we'd like to clear some confusion up. We’re bringing some changes to our Pay As You Go customers, but these apply to customers differently. For instance, there may be changes specific to Classic Pay As You Go customers that won’t apply to International SIM Pay As You Go customers. For all customer types, we’re sending texts personalised to their circumstances with a link to a website with more info.

For customers that don’t own a smartphone, providing a link in the SMS would have been a poor experience we feel (since they can’t open the link from their phone), so we are advising those customers to call 2202 for free where our automated IVR should be setup to explain changes specific to your circumstances. If that hasn’t been the case though, please PM me your Pay As You Go O2 number, date/time you called, and what type of SIM/account you have (if you know).

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 55

EEPhil
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still lots of confusion. There is no information on 2202.

Message 14 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Why is it so difficult to just publish the new charges for each of the PAYG tariffs?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 55

EEPhil
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried 2202 again and this time got a message telling me about changes affecting me.

I'm using Classic PAYG (the 1p/2p/3p one). The only changes notified to me on 2202 was that international texts are changing from 20p/text to 25p/text. Texts to Jersey, Io Man and Guernsey, stay at 20p/text. (Something about international bolt on - texts staying at 15p/text).

Hope this helps those with Classic PAYG.

Message 16 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As I suspected and mentioned earlier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 55

michael80
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
In addition to the changes to the Classic PAYG mentioned upthread, from the first renewal date after 23rd August, the £10 Big Bundle is changing to include 3GB of data (was 2GB) and 1000 minutes (was 250)
Message 18 of 55

KLondon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much for letting us know!K.
Message 19 of 55

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have still not had a text to say. I’m on the pay and go £20 big bundle with 2000 text 1000 mins and 6gb of data with data rollover of up to 6gb. 

Cant find any info if my big bundle will be changing and if they are going to keep the data rollover.  I lucky if I use just over 100 mins of calls some months. I do some months text more than others. I do find I’m using more data a month than I used to but even then I still don’t use more than 3 or 4gb most months. Would have liked o2 to also expand there WiFi calling to pay and go bundles. I been using an iPhone 6s for nearly 13 months now.

I have to top up with £20 before the 3rd of every month.

Darren

Message 20 of 55