Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone device

Micromet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on PAYG. I have just changed my Motorola G phone for a Doro. How do I change the details in "My Device" which is still showing details for the Motorola phone.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Micromet 

You can't.

It should update automatically but if not you'll have to call customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Keep using the Doro phone, and your phone should catch up.
If not, you can edit them on the web page version of your account (look for a little pen icon).

**Edit - the above is for pay monthly. Not sure if this applies to pay as you go.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

If not, you can edit them on the web page version of your account (look for a little pen icon).

Only changes the name tag for the device, not what the device actually is though.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Micromet
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys - according to O2 help and support - the following appears to apply to Doro phones:

Does O2 lock devices?

Most devices are no longer locked to our network. Since 1 August 2018, Apple devices bought directly from us are no longer locked. And almost all new devices shipped after January 2019 are now unlocked, with Huawei dongles being unlocked since April 2019. Alcatel and Doro devices are the exceptions – they’re still locked.

So does this explain why the details are not uplaoded automatically?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Micromet 

No, nothing to do with it.

That's a network lock for other network sim cards.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Micromet
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - thanks MI5. The Doro phone works OK. Will wait until the current crisis slows down before contacting Customere Services about this. It's not urgent and they are probably dealing with more important matters at present.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8