Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change over number

Benhur
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Muy wife has a new phone and asked O2 to change number from old phone to new one on 27th December.  Despite complaining twice this has not been done.  The sim in the old phone was different size to new phone which has the new siaze sim and a different number.

Why over a week and niothing has happened despouite being told by an O2 branch that it was done.

Anybody have the same problem.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All you need to do is a sim swap.
It will be done in no time.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All you need to do is a sim swap.
It will be done in no time.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

Benhur
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sims are different size. New sim is in new phone. NUm,ber from old sim in old phone has to be changed over. O2 say this is no bother and appeared to do this while in their store. More than one week later not done despite a complaint to them.
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You need to do a sim swap as I said above.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As advised by @MI5 you can do it yourself using the link as long as you can put the old sim into a suitable phone. If you can't do that then call 202 contract or 4445 PAYG and customer service will do it within 24 hours. 

Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@Benhur Does the old, larger size SIM have perforations? If so, you can push out the smaller SIM size and use that. If not, use the swap link provided or if you can't do that, call into an O2 store and they will do it for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It was a store, presumably local, that did it for him @Bambino and it's usually done in minutes. Obviously they didn't do it correctly! 😕

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You'd like to think the store would have noticed if it was a triple sim.
Anyway, link has been provided which contains instructions so it's up to @Benhur now.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I agree with you both @jonsie and @MI5, but the OP didn't specifically say they'd been into a store, only that they were told it was done by an O2 branch. If they'd been in store, someone presumably would have been able to do whatever needed to be done. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Occasionally we get issues that don't make sense.
The simplest of things can create the biggest problems.
We may be missing some piece of vital info or there may be other issues that we aren't aware off.
All we can do is advise on the info we have been given.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16