Did you mean: 

Change from monthly to pay as you go

NickWeller
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. 
move got a new O2 number  but would like to keep my old one too as a backup as I’ve used it as a recovery number for various accounts. Can I do this?

[mod edit: please do not post phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10126 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@NickWeller 

Please remove your mobile numbers from the post, as this is a public forum, and your numbers can be scraped and used for nefarious purposes.

You have 2 options.

1. Ask o2 to migrate your old number to the new contract, then you dont need to run a PAYG sim that must be used every 6months to stop it being decativated. 

2. Ask Customer Services to move the old number to PAYG

In both options you will need to pay any termination fees due on the old number, in full before moving it to PAYG / Migrating it over. 

CS can be contacted on 202 from your o2 phone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

NickWeller
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

By that I mean change it to a pay as you go number. Top it up and keep it for a year to make sure I’ll no longer need it. 

Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10126 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@NickWeller 

Please remove your mobile numbers from the post, as this is a public forum, and your numbers can be scraped and used for nefarious purposes.

You have 2 options.

1. Ask o2 to migrate your old number to the new contract, then you dont need to run a PAYG sim that must be used every 6months to stop it being decativated. 

2. Ask Customer Services to move the old number to PAYG

In both options you will need to pay any termination fees due on the old number, in full before moving it to PAYG / Migrating it over. 

CS can be contacted on 202 from your o2 phone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

NickWeller
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you and sorry to post my numbers. Very stupid of me. I was trying to speak to o2 about it but couldn’t see how to do it. 

Message 4 of 4