Did you mean: 

Cannot Top up - failed port?

Schrodingerscat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I ported out from 3 today. Just before 12:00 this lunchtime my three SIM was disconnected and I duly replaced it with my O2 SIM.

Full Signal, phone receives calls fine on the number I want to keep but if phone switched off caller is not diverted to voicemail but is instead treated to the unobtainable tone from a land-line or three beeps from a mobile.

Dialling 4444 to top up results in the IVR asking for the mobile number I wish to top up, After entering it and confirming it I get a message saying it is a Tesco mobile number and to redial 4444!

Logging in to Myo2 just gives an error message ”This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.”

I cannot get hold of o2 customer services due to the Coronavirus crisis.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Schrodingerscat 

First top up needs a voucher to activate the sim Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122817 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It looks as if the port has failed and as the systems are are a go slow you just need to keep trying O2 @Schrodingerscat 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Schrodingerscat
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @MI5

I do have a voucher but can’t enter it anywhere due to the above.

Thanks
Message 4 of 6

Schrodingerscat
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Cleoriff

Yes I was afraid the port might have failed.

Incidentally my gf ported from Asda mobile to Giffgaff with no problems, it completed around 11am this morning.

Can’t get hold of o2. Bit of a poor show when the MVNO’s are managing to take calls, o2 just disconnects even on the lost and stolen Line!

Can’t even text 65075 for a PAC so I might have lost my number of three years 😞

Oh well.. I’ve got an EE and a Vodafone sun in the house so think I will get one of those going, I’ll see who’s got the cheapest data/best bundles.

Thanks
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
The system will catch up eventually, but i think the lockdown has hit the o2 team badly.
Stick with it for a few days and hopefully they will catch up.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6