Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel SIM

Millie40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. My Mum has died and I’m trying to close her PAYG account. I’m trying to do it online, but seem to be going round and round in a circle, visiting the same pages. Can anyone please tell me how to cancel my mums account? Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Millie40 

Sorry for your loss.

Details here to help you https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Millie40 

Sorry for your loss.

Details here to help you https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/bereavement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

maybe easy to call or chat with customer services

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Millie40 Sorry for your loss. If it's a PAYG account you don't really need to do anything. You could use whatever credit is still on the account yourself, or just leave it. The sim will eventually become inactive through lack of use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Millie40 

I would still call to check there's no auto top up enabled as O2 would continue to take money every month if on a bundle etc.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5