Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Auto TopUp

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a PAYG which is set to auto topup. I now want to cancel that. I called 4445 and, after much frustration, was told to either call my bank (why? it's a credit card and you can't cancel future payments like that) or to do it on my account page on the O2 website by visiting on Auto TopUp. There is no such link or tab. I tried to get the "customer service" person to talk me through it but the mobile signal here is so bad I couldn't hear him and vice versa. How do I cancel Auto topup? Thanks

And before anyone posts this link FAQ (o2.co.uk) where it says "Then goto auto-top-up ..." There is no such link or tab. Why I can't do it by phone like I did it the first time, god only knows.2021-09-23.png

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have seen reports here of people cancelling their card to get off that auto-topup thing.

If you call around 08:15 UK time in the morning, you should get through to someone in O2 who can help. Numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If you get the same run-around, come back here and a Forum Advisor will be tagged to help you out. Clearly whoever you talked to before was running off a scripted response, an out-of-date one at that, @IslandBoy.

Tips for getting onto the call queue tomorrow morning:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have seen reports here of people cancelling their card to get off that auto-topup thing.

If you call around 08:15 UK time in the morning, you should get through to someone in O2 who can help. Numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If you get the same run-around, come back here and a Forum Advisor will be tagged to help you out. Clearly whoever you talked to before was running off a scripted response, an out-of-date one at that, @IslandBoy.

Tips for getting onto the call queue tomorrow morning:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Message 2 of 4

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks pgn, that worked. The previous customer service were clearly 100% wrong. Why O2 make it so difficult is beyond me.

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Thank you for coming back to mark the answer, @IslandBoy.

As for the reason? Big company, much outsourcing, many teams for different failure modes... Several reasons, I guess 

Who knows how things will change now it is VMO2, Virgin Media's tech support is ok, once you can get through to the right section through the scripted questions and blind alleys...

Message 4 of 4