Did you mean: 

Can't top up/Sim gone missing

Vernon2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay monthly account and a payg sim

The Sim is not in a phone but a heater which I control with text messages. In order to top it up I had it linked to my pay monthly acc so I could log in and top it up online. On Fri it showed around £13 credit, yesterday it showed 0 credit, I tried to top it up but couldn't and today it doesn't show up at all.

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35988 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

O2 PAYG SIMs need to be used for an outgoing chargeable call every so many months (6 months, I believe), otherwise they are removed from service by O2.

Best is to contact O2 CS on 4445 and find out if they still have the number available to reactivate the SIM, then top it up Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

You can also contact O2 via Social Media, links just below. Good luck, @Vernon2!

Message 2 of 4

Vernon2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

🤣🤣

I called 4445 yesterday, spoke to a guy and after a long wait he told me I need to be transferred to another department, then after another very long wait he came back and said, "Your best bet is to call them on their direct number, 4445"

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35988 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Usually quicker around 8am, @Vernon2 - but you do have to persist with O2 support these days, it seems. The Social Media team adopt a "wait until the second or third poke" before engaging - but you can fire in a query and let it percolate, just pinging a "Any update?" query on it every now and then. It is the way 🙃

Message 4 of 4