Did you mean: 

Can't make phone calls, can't get hold of O2 Support

IndieDani
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I've changed my SIM card on Friday, and next Monday someone tried to call me but I can't receive or make any phone calls. I receive messages but I can't send them. I cannot call O2 Support obviously. I tried to call from a different number but can't get hold of them as the line goes straight to the busy tone. O2 have no email address and Live Chat is not there anymore. Please help.

Daniela

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Yep.
o2 fair usage policy states:
"If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services."
Link to terms and conditions:
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy
8th paragraph after "Your obligations" is the bit I copied above.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK @IndieDani no problem I can pick this up and hopefully get the issue resolved for you. I'll need some extra details so I'll send you a message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 13

IndieDani
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj Yeah, but I can demonstrate prevailing use and presence in the UK. Also, according to that, I should be notified and charged which I wasn't so I don't think this is the case of my issue.

"In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £4.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts."

However, my SIM card is still not working after almost 2 months and O2 on Twitter is not really helpful. 😞 Considering changing the provider.

Message 13 of 13