Did you mean: 

Can't make phone calls, can't get hold of O2 Support

IndieDani
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I've changed my SIM card on Friday, and next Monday someone tried to call me but I can't receive or make any phone calls. I receive messages but I can't send them. I cannot call O2 Support obviously. I tried to call from a different number but can't get hold of them as the line goes straight to the busy tone. O2 have no email address and Live Chat is not there anymore. Please help.

Daniela

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@IndieDani 

All numbers to try from any phone here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How are you getting on with this one @IndieDani? Do you still need some help? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 13

IndieDani
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you, MI5.

Message 4 of 13

IndieDani
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 Hi Martin, thank you, I hope it'll get sorted soon. I've contacted O2 via Twitter and got an answer, apparently it's something wrong with my SIM card so I'm getting it replaced.

Message 5 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's great to hear @IndieDani! Please let us know the final result and if you have anymore questions in the mean time give is a shout. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 13

IndieDani
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2Hi Martin. After some complications, I have finally received my replacement SIM Card but, unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem. If I try to make a phone call I get that busy tone. I have put the SIM Card to another phone, it worked for a few minutes and then stopped working. I put it back to my phone, it worked for a bit again and it stopped. Maybe it has something to do with network settings? I'm in Slovakia at the moment. I've tried to switch on/off roaming.. still the same. I changed the Network Selection from Automatic and manually chose O2-SK. That worked for a few minutes and then stopped working again. Shall I reset my APN settings or what shall I do? However, my data works fine. I would appreciate your help. Thanks. Dani

Message 8 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
How long have you been out of the UK?
o2 only allow 60 something (63?) days out of every 6 months to be in roaming and then they restrict your usage.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 13

IndieDani
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj flushed Really? I've been out of the UK from the end of June-October and then back to the UK in October for about 3 weeks, then got back to Slovakia. In that time I replaced my SIM Card because I had problems with mobile data. I got Edge most of the time (UK, Slovakia). After the replacement, my data problem was solved but I've been unable to make/receive phone calls or send messages since. 😞

Message 10 of 13