Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Virgin Media WiFi in London Underground

FlyingCaribou
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

it's a couple of months now that I'm unable to connect to Virgin Media WiFi in the London Underground because it says that I have to top up. That's weird because 1) this has never happened before and 2) I always top up at least once per month to enable my Big Bundle to kick in so I'm pretty regular with refills.

Just to try again, I topped up yesterday and today I got the same error.

I'm on iPhone 8, latest iOS, tried to use Forget This Network and connect again countless times. Nothing works.

Can anybody help me?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@FlyingCaribou 

Have you tried refreshing your connection completely?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

FlyingCaribou
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

thanks for your help, I haven't tried that.

I'm not sure what to do exactly. Shall I try the McDonald's trick or is there a quicker way to refresh the connection?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I believe the key is to log into any o2 hotspot and go to the web address given to delete your profile, then reconnect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

FlyingCaribou
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks for your help, going to try this later today.

Question - is this going to affect the possibility to connect to WiFi Extra on the London Underground? Because that still works for me, it's just the Virgin Media WiFi that doesn't work.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@FlyingCaribou wrote:

Question - is this going to affect the possibility to connect to WiFi Extra on the London Underground? Because that still works for me, it's just the Virgin Media WiFi that doesn't work.

It should not effect wifi extra as that is controlled by your sim card.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

FlyingCaribou
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok I tried but I think the trick doesn't work anymore. This is the page I got after trying to reach 1.0.0.0

wifi.png

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hmmmm, i guess the only option is a call to customer service and hope !
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

FlyingCaribou
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh man, my experience via chat and O2 shops with similar problems in the past has been terrible. They basically just advice to follow the basic troubleshooting for connecting to O2 WiFi.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll try again with O2 support if WiFi Extra fails on me as well.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I know what you mean mate.
Best of luck, but calling can be better than using chat if you go down that route.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10