cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Pay as You Go customers view their calls made or received via their online account

Steve2811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have never had need for a conventional monthly mobile phone contract which I assume is an account that allows you to view via an online account  calls made and received and to read texts.  If that is true, can the same be achieved with a pay as you go phone using an online account.   I can't see any facility with my pay as you go mobile account, just generic things like topping up, checking my balance etc. 

Does O2 not want  PAYG customers to have this functionality?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147297 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Steve2811 

The only way to get detailed and historic info on PAYG is via a SAR. 

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7172 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

Pay Monthly only records outgoing calls and text, not incoming.

Quite frankly my phones dialer lists all my outgoing and incoming calls My messaging App does the same for SMS, I've never looked online and trawled through past bills.

PAYG is a cut down service in many ways

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Calls made you can get from your phone history as PAYG, @Steve2811.

Calls received, either Contract or PAYG, from phone call log, not online.

SMS texts cannot be read online either, Contract (since TuGo was dispensed with many moons ago anyway) or PAYG.

PAYG also do not get: call forwarding (other than to voicemail), 5G, Volte/WiFi calling...

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 147297 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Steve2811 

The only way to get detailed and historic info on PAYG is via a SAR. 

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Steve2811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all for the feedback, appreciate the time you take to answer.

M15, what is a SAR?   

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Steve2811 wrote:

M15, what is a SAR?   

All explained in the link provided by MI5, @Steve2811 -

Exercising your Right to Access (sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’ or SAR) 2
To make an SAR, send an email to SubjectAccess2@o2.com or write to: Subject Access, O2 Partnership, Chester Road, Preston Brook, Runcorn, WA7 3QA. You’ll need to include some proof of identification. Take a look at the Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go sections below to find out what you’ll need to provide. If you want to speed up the process, you can also fill out our Subject Access Request form and include it with your email or letter.
We'll provide the information you’ve asked for within 30 calendar days of receiving your SAR, as long as we can see that you’re entitled to it. If your request is complex, it could take us a further two months to process and depending on its nature, and if your request is excessive you may have to pay an administrative fee to cover the costs of providing an excessive amount of data.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 147297 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Steve2811 wrote:

M15, what is a SAR?   

This link @Steve2811 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...

Message 7 of 7