cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I top up o2 sim using giffgaff voucher code

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is well established that the opposite is possible that topping up gigffgaff sim with o2 voucher is possible however imy question is  would it  be possible to top up an o2 sim with a giffgaff voucher code.??

I have sourced verious forum threads that are full of contradictional information of yes you can, no you cant.

Could anyone say for sure if it is possible,  I had bought a giffgaff voucher for a friend who decided to stay with o2 after been offerd dscounted product. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, @MI5 and @jonsie Wave 

I've checked on our end and found out that the platform for O2 top-ups will only accept O2-issued vouchers so what the OP wanted to do wouldn't work. Hope this helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Try it and see if it works.
Worse case is not but you'll still be able to top up a giffgaff sim if it fails on O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

trying it is an option however the current credit was activated today so will not run out till 20 Nov I have little patience which landed me in this postion to start with lol....I was hoping to discover if it was possible before Nov 20

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Send me the code and I'll try it then, lol wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Id have have thought soneone from the 02 help forum would haf a definite answer..looks like one may just have to wait till 20th nov to try it
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never tried it but as I know O2 vouchers work on giffgaff I don't see why not as giffgaff is a wholly owned O2 subsidiary as opposed to a JV like Tesco Mobile or Sky.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Seen as how the OP has deleted their forum account, I guess we'll never know unless @Martin-O2, @EmilieT or @Marjo can find out?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Seen as how the OP has deleted their forum account, I guess we'll never know unless @Martin-O2, @EmilieT or @Marjo can find out?

Shame, I'm interested to know if he tried.

Message 8 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, @MI5 and @jonsie Wave 

I've checked on our end and found out that the platform for O2 top-ups will only accept O2-issued vouchers so what the OP wanted to do wouldn't work. Hope this helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know @EmilieT

I realise I wasn't involved in the thread but was interested due to my Ways to Top up guide...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12