Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call connecting to strangers

zsoltk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Me and my mother both live in the UK, both have o2. We are traveling in our home country (Slovakia). When she tries to call me, the phone just doesn't ring most of the time but I had a couple times when I tried to call my number from her phone and some English guy picked it up, an other time sounded like an Indian gentleman. Is there something wrong with the phone or the provider?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@zsoltk 

Make sure you are just dialling the number the same as you would at home without adding any dialling codes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

zsoltk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It just happened to me too, tried to call a friend and some British lady answered. Tried again and my friend picked up.
Message 3 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Could you ring 202 Customer Services and tell them please? We're not aware of any issues, so it would really help up us to get to the bottom of this. Thanks.
signature
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@zsoltk 

As you are roaming in Slovakia it's unlikely that O2 could do anything as if a fault, it will be on the local network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

zsoltk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will try to call customer services tomorrow. I just tried to call my girlfriend and a stranger picked up again. I texted her she called me back straight and there was no problem.
Message 6 of 9

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

I hope it gets resolved ASAP for you, @zsoltk. Tell them what you told us, that it's not just your phone doing it, it's happening to your mum too. To get through to speak to someone at o2, select the lost or stolen option. Please let us know when they get to the bottom of it.

signature
Message 7 of 9

zsoltk
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They said what MI5. They can't do anything about it. Probably a server issue here. Told me to try to restart my phone tho.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

That's the reason unfortunately @zsoltk 

Nothing O2 can do about roaming networks 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9