Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a refurbished phone

Jacky1947
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish to purchase a refurbished phone from the website. Phone not available for home delivery so trying click & collect. When I click purchase, I am taken to the next page which tariffs available. I am already on a retainer tariff of £10 bi-monthly and this is not available on this page, How do I proceed further?

regards 

Jacky

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Jacky1947 unless you buy the phone on a pay as you go basis, you will have to choose a new tariff I'm afraid. You cannot buy a contract phone without a tariff.

If this is a PAYG purchase, just choose any tariff but continue to use your own sim card in the new phone.

If you need a smaller sim for the new phone, you can complete a sim swap when the phone arrives. 

https://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Jacky1947 

The best thing to do is contact customer services

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Or if near a store pop in or give them a call

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Jacky1947 unless you buy the phone on a pay as you go basis, you will have to choose a new tariff I'm afraid. You cannot buy a contract phone without a tariff.

If this is a PAYG purchase, just choose any tariff but continue to use your own sim card in the new phone.

If you need a smaller sim for the new phone, you can complete a sim swap when the phone arrives. 

https://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Jacky1947  You might want to spread your shopping search a bit wider than buying from O2. There are good deals to be had on refurbished phones from Amazon and CEX. No harm in looking around.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Jacky1947
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks  MI5, I think I'll try that. Although I pay £5 per month retention I thought it was still classed as PAYG because I don't have a contract Cheers Jacky

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Jacky1947 provided the phone you are buying is PAYG you'll be fine.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6