cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boy, have I learnt an expensive lesson !

Montysmum
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Everybody, 

Haven;t chatted for a while, hope you're all fit & healthy. Well after 6 months you'd think i'd have got the hang of this smart phone thing would'nt you ? well apparantly not. I went to bed last night with around 8GB of data left on my phone, checked if it needed charging, no, closed it up, left on standby as i always do, all is well, went to bed. However at 7am this morning boy,did I get a shock, opened my phone to the messages that not only had i run out of offer data but I had also run out of big bundle data too, I must have forgotton to close the internet pages I was looking at & whilst I was  sleeping thay were busy at work eating up my 8GB of data, so have now had to purchase an add on, although I'm sure I'll need a few more before my next big bundle renewal at the end of the month, would'nt have cared so much but I only topped up last week. Not to worry there's nothing I can do abought it only learn not to do it again. Gormlous or what? Hope the rest of the day's not going to follow suit. Love to you all

Montysmum

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Montysmum
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for watching my back Cleoriff, I'll keep in touch & let you know what happens. I'm keeping a close eye on everything & checking my usage every few hours & so far so good

Message 11 of 15

Montysmum
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks for your advice Bambino, have followed your thread & done that now, hopefully I'll  be sorted soon

Message 12 of 15

Montysmum
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey Folks,  FOUND IT .  It was Sky News who used 7.91GB of Data running in the background overnight. So have unticked the box which allows the app to use mobile data whilst running in the background, d'you think this'll help, can't think of anything else to do at the moment but i'll give it some more thought tomorrow, or could it be maybe that i did'nt close sky news after last looking at it last night ? I don't know, my mind's befuddled now will look again tomorrow but in the meanwhile thanks all for your help today

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think you have done all you can for now @Montysmum 

Apps should only be updated over Wifi. My mobile data is turned off unless I am out of a WiFi area.

See how it goes but I'm sure your data usage should be better now. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's a serious flaw in that app but well done for finding it.
There are other news apps available so I'd be deleting it and using something else personally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15