Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking numbers on Voicemail

koala321
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I'm on £5 Big Bundle. My phone has a blacklist, which blocks numbers. I have a number blocked, so that person can't call my mobile phone when it is switched on. But I think they can still leave a Voicemail message. Is there anyway of blocking someone's number completely so they can't call and leave a Voicemail message?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@koala321 

Some phones block completely and others just divert to VM.

You'll need to find an app to block it on yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7145 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I'm afraid not. O2 have a legal obligation to connect all numbers. 

As you say your phone can do a reject when on, but that facility is not available when switched off

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

koala321
Level 3: Thinker
  • 38 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5  @Enlli  o.k thanks guys 😀

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions

@koala321 

@Enlli wrote:

I'm afraid not. O2 have a legal obligation to connect all numbers. 

As you say your phone can do a reject when on, but that facility is not available when switched off

That is incorrect.

My Pixel blocks numbers effectively without going to VM with phone either on or off.

An app like TrueCaller will give you what you need, but what do I know?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7681 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

An app like TrueCaller will give you what you need, but what do I know?

This article appeared in TechCrunch literally two days ago :-

Truecaller adds a new AI feature to detect and block more spam calls | TechCrunch

https://techcrunch.com/2024/03/18/truecaller-automatically-reject-all-spam-calls-android-update/

Message 6 of 6