Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Crush
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm pay monthly with standing order from my bank but decided to try to get a month ahead so in between last month and today I paid O2 direct so I don't have a bill until November but just got message from my bank that there is no money to pay the bill so how do you stop the bill coming out twice O2 have sent me an email thanking me for my payment but they are still taking it out today I need to stop today payment as I don't owe them any money from now until next month

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Crush 

You can't is the simple answer... 

If you paid early less than 7 days before the Direct Debit is due, then it can't be stopped due to processing time between you making the payment and o2 taking it... 

This is how the Direct Debit scheme works for all companies

My advice is if you are going to do this is to cancel the Direct Debit first, then make the payment, otherwise your bank will charge you correctly for failed direct debits (if they charge).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Crush 

You can't is the simple answer... 

If you paid early less than 7 days before the Direct Debit is due, then it can't be stopped due to processing time between you making the payment and o2 taking it... 

This is how the Direct Debit scheme works for all companies

My advice is if you are going to do this is to cancel the Direct Debit first, then make the payment, otherwise your bank will charge you correctly for failed direct debits (if they charge).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi there @Crush 

Welcome to the o2 Community Forum.

Can you have a look in your MYO2 ?  should be able to see if you have a credit in there for the amount you paid in advance.  If there is a credit amount then o2 would normally use that.

If you can't see that , you will need to contact o2  Customer Services

early morning is best 08.00am

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best wishes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Dear @Crush 

Is there any way you can get help to transfer money to cover this payment  into your Bank before close of Banking Business  which would normally be 15.30 to-day when they cash up (so to speak) thus avoiding charges.

I do hope you can sort this out ~ Good luck 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4