cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bundles Clarification

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me. Apologies if this is a bit long-winded... I've been with O2 for years now and have been on the Text & Web tarrif for as long as I can remember which I've been happy with for how I use my phone. My girlfriend wanted to move from Vodafone to O2 but I see that O2 no longer do that tarrif and instead offer Big Bundles. In essence, are the Big Bundles similar to Text & Web in that, they're not contracts, you don't automatically get charged and you only benefit from them when you top up?

Just now I top up £10 (or more) when I need to and when I do, I get my Text & Web benefits for a month. If I choose not to top up again for a few days, I receive no benefits until I do top up. I understand that and have been doing that for years. So, for example, if my girlfriend decides to go for the '2GB Data' Big Bundle, she tops up £10 and gets the benefits of that bundle. At the end of the month, she'd need to top up another £10 to continue the benefits, which is the same as me on Text & Web. If she doesn't top up but still has a little credit left, that credit can be used as 'normal' but at the default O2 rates? Is that correct? I wasnt sure if when you topped up, the £10 gets taken as 'payment' for the Big Bundle and in effect, you'd have £0.00 credit.

Finally, having not really been aware of the Big Bundles packages, do you think it'd be beneficial for myself to finally move from Text & Web to a Big Bundle package? Even the basic £10 one seems better. I understand that's a bit of a, 'How long is a piece of string' question but just wanted an opinion all the same.

Again, apologies if this was a bit long-winded and thank you for reading.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, big bundles work as you say and your £10 top up is taken for the allowances and any credit you need would have to be added as an additional top up.
Only you can decide which tariff is better for you but before changing, remember you won’t be able to go back if you don’t like it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning @Anonymous. The link below will answer your questions about big bundles:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-and-go/big-bundles

The link I supplied should also provide information upon which you can, hopefully, make a decision whether to move to a big bundle PAYG or remain on your present Text & Web.

I hope the above link answers all your questions but do come back if you require any further information and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, big bundles work as you say and your £10 top up is taken for the allowances and any credit you need would have to be added as an additional top up.
Only you can decide which tariff is better for you but before changing, remember you won’t be able to go back if you don’t like it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome! slight_smile Good info above from our members so please do take a look and let us know if if you're good to go or have any further questions the community could help you with.

Cheers @Glory1 & @MI5thumbsup

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies, folks, very much appreciated.

I now understand how the bundles work and that topping up £10+ means that gets taken as payment for the monthly bundle you choose, which in turn, will leave you with £0.00 credit. Will definitely be having a think about it for sure.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Let us know if you have any more questions please.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also keep in mind o2 big bundles e.g £10 only give you 250 min 1000 text 2gb of data where for the same money a giff gaff sim will give you the amount below and the sim will work in a o2 phone as Giff gaff is owned by Telefonica i know which one i would go for

Giff gaff gives you for £10

3 GB Data500 MinsUnlimited Texts 

O2 gives you for £10

2 GB Data250 Mins1000 Texts
Message 7 of 7