cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance went from £15 to £13 after topup.

add1ct
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After topped up my new sim with £15 to buy a £15 tariff I was instantly charged(?) for £2.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148717 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@add1ct 

£2.00 is the daily charge for data when you don’t have an active bundle. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Had you perhaps sent 3 x SMS messages with emojis or pictures or similar attached? These are called MMS, discussed here: Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it and are chargeable.

Other out of tariff charges may have been an SMS or call to a non-UK number, @add1ct - but to find out for sure, you will need to call O2, 4445 from your phone or via Social Media at the link just below. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

add1ct
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. No, my SIM wasnt even activated before. I just topped up with £15 for the first time, and when I went back to the O2 app (after 20 mins) to check if its active yet or not, I noticed my balance is only £13. 

I will probably call them. Thanks pgn

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148717 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@add1ct 

£2.00 is the daily charge for data when you don’t have an active bundle. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

add1ct
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, you are right. I just found out that it was the daily charge for data (even tho I wasnt use my phone). So tricky.

Message 5 of 5