Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance notification says 0 balance which is not correct

Leahmariehs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've recently switched from contract to pay as you go. I received my sim card yesterday and topped it up immediately - the money has been taken out of my account.

My issue is this: every time I try to send a text I get a notification telling me that my balance is £0 and I need to top up. It doesn't just pop up once, but 5 or 6 times and it's infuriating. Eventually, the text does go through but I am not happy with this service whatsoever.

I've been unable to access live chat or get in touch with o2 directly any other way. My o2 app also says my balance is 0 which is clearly not true. What's happening and how can it be fixed?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All P&G tariffs are big bundles and your top up is taken for your allowances

MMS are not included and that is the reason for a zero balance and getting the pop up

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=bigbundles

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Leahmariehs 

Call 4445 and ask customer service to turn off balance notifications which will stop the pop ups.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3